Delivery of Limited Supply
The Optom Shop shall make every effort to ensure that all orders are fulfilled; however we cannot guarantee the availability of products. If the products that you have ordered are unavailable, The Optom Shop will contact you and offer you a suitable alternative or refund. If The Optom Shop receives no response from you, The Optom Shop may, in its sole and absolute discretion, provide replacement products of an equivalent quality and/or specification, or cancel the order and provide a refund.
Delivery of goods
- The Optom Shop aims to dispatch all products within 10 business days of the date of your order, subject to the availability of products and, where necessary, the validation of your prescription. Should products take longer you will be contacted directly.
- The Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, 2002, requires that a supplier must execute an order within 30 days of the day on which the supplier received the order and The Optom Shop will do its utmost to adhere to this provision.
- Deliveries can only be made to addresses within the borders of South Africa. We currently do not ship to addresses outside of the Republic of South Africa.
- Deliveries will take place within 10 business days of the acceptance of your order subject to manufacturer availability.
- A unique waybill number will be communicated to you via email which can be used to track the status of your order.
- Delivery will be during business hours so please ensure that someone will be available to receive the parcel at the address specified.
- We reserve the right to contact customers and arrange alternative delivery methods and timelines, if the delivery address is remote, or to cancel the order if delivery is not feasible.
- The person receiving the parcel will be asked by the courier to sign the waybill indicating that the parcel/carton has been received undamaged and in good condition.
- Proof of ID may be requested to verify authenticity of purchaser.
This Delivery Policy is only valid for merchandise purchased via The Optom Shop website. This policy has been developed to ensure the accurate and secure delivery of all purchases and to assist you with your delivery needs.
- Upon delivery of the products you must inspect them carefully. If any of the products do not match the description or appear to be damaged or missing, do not use the products or any items accompanying the goods and please contact us at email@example.com
- Only products which are returned to The Optom Shop without a broken box seal are acceptable. Please refer to our Return Policy.
Subject to stock availability with suppliers and receipt of payment, requests will be processed within 7 working days and handed over to a courier company for delivery. Unless otherwise specified, delivery is free. For very remote areas not serviced by standard couriers The Provider will deliver via Post Office, or to the nearest town to the User that is accessible by Courier It Couriers South Africa within their normal routes. In these circumstances the Provider will be in contact with the User to arrange an alternative address.
The Provider will supply all goods to the delivery company in good order and will ensure that goods arrive at the User’s chosen delivery address in the same good order.
Cancelled orders on the e-commerce facility will be refunded after deduction of a 10% charge for administration costs. The Provider reserves the right to cancel an order for which payment has already been received. This may occur if stock is insufficient or the quality of goods ordered does not meet the Provider’s standards. Should the Provider exercise this right, the User will receive a full refund with no deductions.